Corporate Europe Observatory is looking for an intern to join our team and strengthen our work on rolling back excessive corporate influence in EU policy-making. CEO is a research and campaign group working to expose and challenge the privileged access and influence enjoyed by corporations and their lobby groups in EU policy making.
We are looking for an intern to conduct research on specific issues around the influence of corporate lobbying on EU policy-making processes, as well as to provide support for CEO's ongoing campaign work. Meanwhile we offer you an opportunity to strengthen your research skills and improve your knowledge of the EU institutions.
This position is full time (36 hours per week) for a period of 4 to 6 months, starting on 1st December 2012. The position is based in Brussels, in our office in the Mundo-B building near the Porte de Namur. The gross salary is 1000 euro per month.
Candidate profile and requirements:
- must be a student or have left university less than a year ago (compulsory);
- must be committed to Corporate Europe Observatory's values, vision and mission;
- substantial knowledge about the role of transnational corporations in the global economy;
- broad knowledge about European integration and good understanding of EU decision-making processes;
- strong research skills;
- ability to think analytically and plan strategically;
- ability to work closely with others in a team, in an often high-pressured environment;
- ability to manage own workload without close supervision;
- fluent English (other languages an advantage).
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com by midnight on Sunday September 30th 2012. Your letter should highlight how your skills and experience are well-suited to the requirements of this position. Short-listed candidates will be contacted by Monday 8th of October 2012 (only shortlisted candidates will be contacted). We look forward to receiving your application. Read more about CEO's work at : http://www.corporateeurope.org/