The European people have a right to know who are the new commissioners that will make important decisions on their behalf. It cannot be right that an ex-corporate lobbyist is put in charge of regulating the financial services sector. And it cannot be right that an ex-petroleum industry insider becomes responsible for climate action. We want a Commission which acts in the interests of the European people and environment, not European corporations.
Read more about the proposed new commissioners below:
- Jonathan Hill - financial services, UK + infographic
- Miguel Arias Cañete - climate action and energy, Spain + infographic
- Karmenu Vella - environment and maritime, Malta + infographic
- Carlos Moedas - research, Portugal + infographic
- Valdis Dombrovskis - the euro, Latvia + infographic
- Vera Jourová - consumer affairs, Czech Republic + infographic
- Pierre Moscovici - economics and taxation, France + infographic
- Margrethe Vestager - competition, Denmark + infographic
Further infographics will be launched during the coming week.